Sponsorship and Donations
Graphic representation of a completed panel. Click the stars to see the full panel.
The Americana Stars Memorial is a 9/11 remembrance piece that consists of 50 separate
2-1/2' x 4' panels and more than 3000 different stars. Each panel will have 64 unique stars, all cross-stitched by hand. The name of a victim will be stitched
under each star. Along the top of each panel will be words from quotes, speeches, and historical documents that speak to the original concept and ideals of the
creation of the United States of America. When it is finished, it will be approximately 200' in length. More than 50 stitchers around the country have offered to help.
A national museum has already expressed interest in displaying and protecting the final piece at their location and making it available to other museums around the country.
For the past 9 years, I have been supporting this project with my savings. The materials (Aida fabric, embroidery floss, lighted magnifier, fusible interfacing, etc.)
are all made in the USA and donated by the manufacturers. However, all of that has now changed. There will be project expenses that I will not be able to cover
and the memorial needs your help.
Fortunately, I have some ideas about how to accomplish that. All of these ideas are part of a grass roots effort so that every American can contribute to the process
in some way if you choose. You can:
- Sponsor-a-Star for someone who lost their life on 9/11.
- Make a Donation through Fractured Atlas, a non-profit arts organization representing this project.
- Purchase Products through the Cafepress store (all profits go to the production of the memorial).
- Stitch-a-Star - cross-stitchers and needle artists can make a donation and receive layouts for some of the stars I have created.
Don't forget to download your free star design right now!
Participation through Sponsor-a-Star, Make a Donation and Stitch-A-Star are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Your contribution will be
made through Fractured Atlas, a 501(c)3 non-profit arts service organization that will
put the money into a dedicated fund for The Americana Stars Memorial. Click on their link above to read all about them.
To SPONSOR-A-STAR - Sponsorship is $50 per name. The benefits are as follows -
- The name of the sponsor will be listed in the permanent information directory and documentation that will be shown with the exhibit at every location,
- If the name and address of the next of kin is provided, they will receive a special note from me regarding who became a sponsor. (See the note card below.)
- The sponsor will receive a custom designed Certificate of Sponsorship.
- The Americana Stars Memorial is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a 501(c)3
non-profit arts service organization. Contributions on behalf of this project made through Fractured Atlas are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Click on their link above to read all about the program.
- Multiple sponsorships can be made for each star. All sponsors will receive the same benefits as # 1 - 4 above. The family will receive notes of
sponsorship regarding every sponsor, which will serve as additional support and recognition of continuing thoughts for their loved one(s).
- A Corporate Sponsor-a-Star Program is also available for companies that would like to sponsor the stars of their employees that were lost on 9/11.
Additional benefits are available. Send me an email with your phone number so we can discuss the details.
Sponsoring a star takes just 2 easy steps.
- Click on the sponsor button below - "Click Here to Sponsor". A new window will open at Fractured Atlas where you can make your donation of $50 per star.
- Come back to this window and send me an email using email address at the bottom of the page. Send me the name(s) of the person you would like to sponsor and the name
and address of their family so that I can send them the special note card (below) letting them know who is thinking of them.
That's all! Very easy! After Fractured Atlas notifies me (always within 2 hours) that the donation has been made, I will make changes to reflect that they are always thought
about and loved by someone special. I am always available if you have any questions.
Click Here to Sponsor
To MAKE A DONATION of any amount, just click on the Donation button below - "Click Here to Donate".
Fractured Atlas is a national 501(c)3 nonprofit arts service organization that will put
the money into a fund for The Americana Stars Memorial. Contributions on behalf of this project made through Fractured Atlas are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Click on their link above to read all about the program. They will notify me that a donation has been made and I will thank you personally for your kindness with a custom designed Certificate of Donation.
Click Here to Donate
To PURCHASE PRODUCTS from my Cafepress store, click the button link in the left sidebar for more information or the words below to go directly to the store.
There are 100's of items from which to choose! For any questions and/or specialized product requests, email me from the bottom of this or any page on the
If the email button does not work in your browser, you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Rego Park, New York, 11374 USA
Website Designed by Leigh Little & Doreen Lynn Saunders / Contact Webmaster
All designs and graphics on this website are copyrighted.
If you have any questions about usage or licensing, please email Doreen
at the link above and she will be happy to talk to you.
The work for this website is being done by volunteers who support
The Americana Stars Memorial.
All items purchased through AmericanaArts.com contribute to the support and production of the memorial.
DOREEN LYNN SAUNDERS & AMERICANA ARTS
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED